Krewni i znajomi Cthulhu

Homepage Forumy Od rzeczy Blubry Krewni i znajomi Cthulhu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Autor
    John J Adams
    Keymaster

Co by nie zaśmiecać dalej komentów, dodam ciekawostkę znalezioną rzecz jasna na Wikipedii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innsmouth):

In 1987, Will Murray took a field trip to Newburyport and Gloucester to research locales from Lovecraft's "The Shadow Over Innsmouth". In Newburyport there is a State Street (the street where the narrator of the story boards a bus to Innsmouth) and a State Street YMCA (where the protagonist roomed and where Lovecraft himself may have stayed during his visit to the town). When he visited Gloucester, Murray found a Gilman House — more formally, the Sargeant-Murray-Gilman-Hough House — a hotel in the story but in real life a Georgian-era mansion turned into a public museum. He also found other landmarks mentioned in the story, including streets named Adams Church, Babson, Main, and Fish, and a building adorned with large, white wooden pillars on its front and side — the Legion Memorial Building — that looks remarkably like the story's Masonic Lodge (the meeting place for the Esoteric Order of Dagon). The Legion Building, built in 1844–45, served as the Gloucester Town Hall until 1867 when it became the Forbes School. Saving it from demolition, the American Legion took over the building in 1919 and, a year later, added a columned portico to the Middle Street side to match the Washington Street frontage. It has never been a Masonic Lodge, however. (Murray, "I Found Innsmouth!", Crypt of Cthulhu #57.)

Witz Worx

Szkoda, ze jestem po angielsku niezbyt piśmienny bo pewnie więcej bym załapał. Ale z tego co widze nie wszystko było fikcyjne.
    Polecam wydana z rok temu książkę Houellebecq o Lovecrafcie, znakomicie uzupelnia się z biograficznym komiksem Lovecraft.
    Między innymi można się dowiedziec skąd w twórczości Lovecrafta wzieli się małpo -ludzie i kto był ich pierwowzorem:)

John J Adams
    Keymaster

Ciekawe. Właśnie przeglądam Escape from Innsmouth i widzę, że gierka Dark Corners of the Earth to dosłowna ekranizacja tego dodatku. Smutne nieco.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.